News, Weather, Mozart, Sports, Eurovision Love Ænema & Perverted Videogames from Vleeptron

NGO_Vleeptron (aka "Bob from Massachusetts") recently featured LIVE on BBC WORLD SERVICE, heard briefly by Gazillions!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Boreal Deciduous Hardwood Forest, New England, United States

old dude, all hair, swell new teeth

01 June 2006

back from Lisboa comes the PizzaA -- who sang at the Farewell Party in "3rd Rock"?

Elvis Costello & The Attractions

DespicableTeacher said...

Oh come on Bob!

That one's damn easy: Elvis Costello.

I'm doing fine, just have been quite busy. How is Elmer? Maybe he saw George Bush in the woods and got scared to death...
19:52

=====================

DespicableTeacher from Lisboa knew! 3 slices with pineapple are hers! (How's La Trattoria? Or Mamma Rosa?)

hmmmm and I really thought this was a pretty obscure PizzaQ hmmmmm

Because Elmer the giant Maine Coon Cat cannot speak English (or any human lingo), he can't tell us what scared the poo out of him in the middle of the night and caused his nervous breakdown.

But I like your theory -- not a bear, not a coyote, not a fox -- but George W. Bush Jr. sneaking around in the bushes (probably installing an unconstitutional warrantless wiretap).


He scares the shit out of me, only natural that he scared the shit out of my cat.

Last few days, verrrrrrry slowly, but clearly Elmer is getting better and better. He sleeps between us and need a lot of attention and pampering and holding in our arms and petting, but he's definitely recovering.

Now, as threatened, I step up to the karaoke microphone, clear my throat, and begin to sing:

=======================

(The Angels Wanna Wear My)
Red Shoes

music and lyrics by Elvis Costello
from the album "My Aim Is True" (1977)
by Elvis Costello & The Attractions

Oh I used to be disgusted
and now I try to be amused
But since their wings have got rusted
you know the angels wanna wear my red shoes

But when they told me 'bout their side of the bargain
that's when I knew that I could not refuse
And I won't get any older
now the angels wanna wear my red shoes

I was watching while you're dancing away
Our love got fractured in the echo and sway
How come everybody wants to be your friend?
You know that it still hurts me just to say it

Oh, I know that she's disgusted
(oh why's that?)
Cause she's feeling so abused
(oh that's too bad)
She gets tired of the lust
(oh I'm so sad)
but it's so hard to refuse
How can you say that I'm too old
when the angels have stolen my red shoes?

Oh, I said "I'm so happy, I could die."
She said "Drop dead!" then left with another guy
That's what you get if you go chasing after vengeance
Ever since you got me punctured
this has been my sentence

Oh I used to be disgusted
and now I try to be amused
But since their wings have got rusted
you know the angels wanna wear my red shoes.
Red shoes the angels wanna wear my red --
Red shoes the angels wanna wear my red --
Red shoes the angels wanna wear my red shoes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home