News, Weather, Mozart, Sports, Eurovision Love Ænema & Perverted Videogames from Vleeptron

NGO_Vleeptron (aka "Bob from Massachusetts") recently featured LIVE on BBC WORLD SERVICE, heard briefly by Gazillions!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Boreal Deciduous Hardwood Forest, New England, United States

old dude, all hair, swell new teeth

14 December 2005

Radio from Outer Space: Bob Dylan vs. Howard Stern


The Chief Junior Geezer of Vleeptron ain't got no iPod, he ain't got no cell phone (oh, okay, sometimes I borrow S.W.M.B.O.'s -- but I don't download no fancy Eminem ringtones), and I still listen to music using those ancient FM radio and CD technologies. I am like soooooo 1999.

Here's a guy who's light years ahead of me in Hi-Tek. I may have to check this Outer Space Radio stuph out.

===================

Los Angeles Times (California USA)
Wednesday 14 December 2005

Quick Takes

Dylan gets a spot
on satellite radio


Forty years ago Bob Dylan went electric -- next year he goes extraterrestrial. Rock's most celebrated singer-songwriter will host a weekly show for XM Satellite Radio beginning in March, the company announced Tuesday.

Dylan will handpick the music, interview guests, answer listeners' e-mails and "offer regular commentary on music and other topics," according to XM officials.

"Songs and music have always inspired me," Dylan said in a statement. "A lot of my own songs have been played on the radio, but this is the first time I've ever been on the other side of the mike. It'll be as exciting for me as it is for XM."

XM officials say their service has surpassed 5 million subscribers. The brand continues to wrestle with competitor Sirius, which is heavily promoting next month's debut of Howard Stern.

-- Geoff Boucher

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But will we be able to decipher Dylan's famous unintelligibility?

I want an i-Pod for Christmas, but I think that Santa is going to disappoint.

22:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home