News, Weather, Mozart, Sports, Eurovision Love Ænema & Perverted Videogames from Vleeptron

NGO_Vleeptron (aka "Bob from Massachusetts") recently featured LIVE on BBC WORLD SERVICE, heard briefly by Gazillions!!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Great Boreal Deciduous Hardwood Forest, New England, United States

old dude, all hair, swell new teeth

27 April 2006

AV-P YOUTH NEWS: cheese

A few days before Valentine's Day, the Mattel company announced that Barbie had broken up with Ken, her boyfriend of 43 years, and has begun spending time with Blaine, an Australian surfer.

In other Youth News ...
first sing this song, then read what the Blaines and Barbies of Texas are up to. doo doo doo doo doo dee dee doo
doo doo doo doo doo dee dee doo
==================

I Want a New Drug

Huey Lewis and The News

I want a new drug
One that won't make me sick
One that won't make me crash my car
Or make me feel three feet thick

I want a new drug
One that won't hurt my head
One that won't make my mouth too dry
Or make my eyes too red

One that won't make me nervous
Wondering what to do
One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you
When I'm alone with you

I want a new drug
One that won't spill
One that don't cost too much
Or come in a pill

I want a new drug
One that won't go away
One that won't keep me up all night
One that won't make me sleep all day

One that won't make me nervous
Wondering what to do
One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you
When I'm alone with you
I'm alone with you baby

I want a new drug
One that does what it should
One that won't make me feel too bad
One that won't make me feel too good

I want a new drug
One with no doubt
One that won't make me talk too much
Or make my face break out

One that won't make me nervous
Wondering what to do
One that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you
When I'm alone with you

=================
Huey Lewis And The News I Want A New Drug lyrics are the property and copyright of Huey Lewis And The News. Huey Lewis And The News lyrics provided for educational purposes and personal use only.
=================

Newshawk: Richard Lake
Pubdate: Thu, 27 Apr 2006
Source: USA Today (USA national daily)
Page: 1A - Front Page
Webpage:
http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/news/20060427/1a_bottomstrip27.art.htm
Copyright: 2006 USA TODAY, a division of Gannett Co. Inc
Contact: editor@usatoday.com
Website: http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/news/index.htm


TEXAS SCHOOLS BATTLE
'STARTER HEROIN'


DEA Alerts Agents in Bid to Curb Rising Problem

by Donna Leinwand, USA Today

A new heroin-laced powder known as "cheese" is popping up in middle and high schools in Texas, where dozens of youths have been caught with the drug, federal and local officials say.

So far the problem has been focused on schools in Dallas, where police first reported kids snorting the mixture of ground-up cold medicines and heroin at the start of this school year. However, the Drug Enforcement Administration, which calls the addictive concoction "starter heroin," is concerned enough about the drug's appearance in Dallas that it has alerted agents nationwide to watch for it.

"It's an emerging problem," DEA spokesman Steve Robertson says. "It's something we're tracking to see if we can spread the word before it becomes a huge problem."

Police in Dallas have logged 78 incidents involving cheese in 11 middle and high schools, says Jeremy Liebbe, an investigator with the Dallas Independent School District Police Department.

As is the case on campuses across the USA, marijuana remains the most popular illegal drug in Dallas schools, Liebbe says. Monitoring the Future, a national survey of drug use, said last year that about 27% of 10th-graders had used marijuana during the previous year; the rate for heroin use among such students was less than 1%.

Cheese
is a tan powder made mostly from acetaminophen and diphenhydramine HCL -- the ingredients in Tylenol PM -- with a little heroin mixed in. Liebbe says samples confiscated in Dallas have been up to 8% heroin. The drugs are crushed together and typically folded into notebook paper. A quarter-gram sells for $5, Liebbe says, and a single hit usually sells for $2.

Users feel euphoric and then sleepy, lethargic and hungry, he says. Cheese has been a nickname for heroin, Liebbe says.

The powder has been sold by 18- and 19-year-olds near school campuses and by older students in those schools, Liebbe says. The heroin has been brought from Mexico and then has been mixed with other drugs in the USA, he says.

Six teens in drug treatment at the Phoenix Academy in Dallas used cheese, director Michelle Hemm says. One boy was 12 when he started using it, she says.

Hemm expects to see more youths hooked on cheese, which is so affordable "little kids can purchase it. Kids in here, they all know lots of other kids using cheese. This is the tip of the iceberg."

- 30 -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home